Monday 7 February 2011

Tired, but happy: Superbowl XLV - in the UK

Yes, I watched the superbowl tonight here in the UK. Luckily for the last four years BBC has shown it here live. I did the normal thing and had a bunch of the guys over and we had a good time feasting on chips and salsa and chicken wings. There were a few times I had to explain some of the rules, but for the most part (thanks to Madden and also because most of the guys follow American football in some way) they knew what was going on. We were even able to watch it in HD since it was also playing on BBC One HD!

My snopsis of the game: Greenbay started phenominally and showed why they got to the superbowl in the first place. Before the end of the first half the Steelers answered back and came back with a vengence in the second half. I was sitting a little more uneasy than I was in the first half when the game came down to a one possession lead. Through a little bit of strategy and amazing Greenbay defence we came through as the victors!


An American in America

(if you couldn't tell I'm a Greenbay fan)

The only thing I missed about the coverage was the good commercials, but I'll have to look them up online tomorrow. The game showed from 10:30pm to about 3:30am, so I'm sorry if my post is a little bit jarbled and all over the place. It just goes to show that you can still enjoy a bit of home even from 5,000 miles away. (you can change enjoy to plain "be ashamed of" when it came to Christina Aguilera and The Black-eyed Peas)


- An American in the UK

No comments:

Post a Comment